In which we begin our 3-part coverage of Fall of the Mutants; Roma is very good at her job; strange things are afoot in Dallas; Mystique’s parenting skills are somewhat lopsided; Neal Conan is awesome; Havok gets a soapbox; Storm and Forge flirt with godhood; Rogue’s costume exists in a state of quantum uncertainty; Colossus is the organic steel wrench in the gears of chaos; and the X-Men die for real (but get better).
- Crossovers vs. events
- The Fall of the Mutants
- Uncanny X-Men #225-227
- A really great marketing campaign
- The Adversary (again)
- The Starlight Citadel
- Retcons as applied pareidolia
- A metaphor that is also a real chess piece
- A sort-of stabbing
- Neal Conan & Manoli Wetherell
- Literally hard-hitting journalism
- A whole new world
- Another variation on the Rogue’s-costume drinking game
- A really improbable plan
- The death and resurrection of the X-Men
- Mutant metabolisms
NEXT WEEK: It’s Always Darkest…
You can find a visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Rachel and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!