In which the X-Men move to Australia; O.Z. Chase is definitely not a werewolf; Dazzler is a smart, glittery laser cookie; Gateway falls into some uncomfortable tropes; Havok remains the king of terrible hats; Madelyne Pryor hacks the planet; Rogue makes a friend; Rick Leonardi draws the definitive Magik; Colossus’ secondary mutation is allegory; and there are a lot of great places to donate your old backissues.
- Gateway’s probable origin
- Wintry mix
- Miles’s definitive X-era
- Uncanny X-Men #228-231
- O.Z. Chase
- Vladimir Zaitzev
- The Reavers (No, not those Reavers)
- Pretty Boy
- Jessan Hoan (Tyger Tiger)
- Teamwork (more) (again)
- The Siege Perilous
- Cooterman’s Creek
- Jay’s favorite mythic figure (and long-term career goal)
- The best brother in the Marvel Universe
- A really sad team-up
- Favorite X-science moments
- Where to donate comic books
NEXT WEEK: The saddest story ever
You can find a visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Rachel and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!