In which Deadpool and X-Men ’92 artist Scott Koblish joins us to present the Summers Family Tree as you’ve never experienced it before; the X-Men go to Dante’s Hell; Dr. Strange gets his Virgil on; Wolverine sniffs snakes; Iceman has probably killed a lot of people; and X-Men fans have remained remarkably consistent over the years.
- The Summers family
- Birthdays at the Xavier mansion
- A package as sinister as it is stylish
- Uncanny X-Men King-Size Annual #4
- One version of Hell
- A demon who is also a sorting hat
- Another X-Men crossover conspiracy theory
- The X-Men’s religious affiliations and lack thereof
- Nuance of self-narration
- Snakes with arms, and the vocalizations thereof
- Dangers of encasing people in ice
- The death of Stefan Szardos
- An overly complex revenge plot
- The origin of that one angry mob from Giant-Size X-Men #1
- Reader responses to the Dark Phoenix Saga
- X-Men vs. board games
- The appeal of the Outback X-Men
- Artist-character associations
NEXT EPISODE: Kurt Wagner: Warlord… of our hearts!
DEAR MISTER SINISTER lyrics by Jay Edidin & music by Tea Fougner. Performed by Scott Koblish.
You can find a visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!