In which the Phalanx would make pretty fun novelty candy; “B-Plot” implies that we only have 26; nobody will take Jubilee to the movies; Repo Man and Repo: The Genetic Opera are in fact two entirely different films; Storm is a fashion icon; Sabretooth is the monster in the basement; it’s really rough to be the kid on the X-Men; Yuko gives Gambit a shovel talk; and a number of familiar faces return to the page.
- One of the many problems with Sentinels
- Uncanny X-Men #311-313
- Whether the Phalanx is squishy
- Plotline disambiguation
- A cult classic
- Carl the X-Cutioner (again)
- Creative use of Bishop’s powers
- Storm fashion
- Technical difficulties
- A decision Iceman will come to regret
- Bishop vs. Sabretooth
- What If Vol. 2 #87
- Variations on Iceman’s appearance
- Early seeds of Generation X
- A night out with Yukio
- A heavily euphemized relationship
- Xavier’s mutant underground
- The Phalanx
- A shovel talk
- The return of Steven Lang (and some other people)
- How Cyclops cries
- Cassandra Nova’s signature look
NEXT EPISODE: Additional and Varyingly Literal Blasts from the Past
NOTE: Per our expert source Doctor Internet, what Miles knows as “water weenies” are mostly sold as “water wigglers” or “water snakes.”
Check out the visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
Buy rad swag at our TeePublic shop!