In which Secret Wars II ruins everything (more) (again) (forever); Rachel Summers hates the Beyonder almost as much as we do; Miles gets mad at comics; Nightcrawler does not do gritty well; Lady Deathstrike gets wired; and we consult our favorite 3-year-old for book recommendations.
- Rogue vs. Carol Danvers
- Life before social media
- Uncanny X-Men #202-205
- Alpha Flight #33-34
- Phoenix II vs. the Beyonder (twice)
- The Reverse Gwen Stacy
- Still more miracles of magnetism
- Kitty Pryde disambiguation
- Good times in Murderworld
- The third-worst honeymoon
- Lady Deathstrike (Yuriko Oyama)
- Spiral’s Body Shop
- The Reavers
- One way to build a Wolverine antagonist
- Skirting the Comics Code
- Sound-effects lettering as a narrative device
- Good X-books for a 3-year-old
Special thanks to Katie and Kestrel P.
NEXT WEEK: The Beyonder kills the New Mutants!
You can find a visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Rachel and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!