In which you should not presume to judge Madelyne Pryor by your standards; we wrap up the core plot of Inferno (but still somehow have two episodes left to go); sympathetic is not the same thing as right; Storm and Jean use friendship and it’s super effective; Iceman is basically incorruptible; Angel gets a new codename; Cyclops gets a backstory; Sinister is aptly named; and Inferno makes retcons into retconade.
- Limbo vs. Limbo
- Hel vs. Hell
- Uncanny X-Men #242-243
- X-Factor #38-39
- A moment that does not speak eloquently for itself
- Several extended misunderstandings
- The difference between sympathetic and right
- N’astirh’s sweet ride
- A false binary
- The Goblin Prince
- Yet another reason Havok should have finished his dissertation
- The power of friendship
- The Rube Goldberg approach to combat
- Superconductivity, kind of
- Our least favorite retcon in Inferno
- The Summers brothers summed up in a single scene
- Clone ethics
- Why we like it when characters screw up
- Our favorite retcons
- How to prep for X-Men: Apocalypse
NEXT WEEK: Apocalypse for Beginners
You can find a visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!