In which Wolverine doesn’t care about your baby; Storm takes charge; duels are terrible bases for systems of government; editorial mandate is hell on a marriage; Magneto is a pretty cool teacher; Jean Grey comes back; and we have mixed feelings about the Phoenix retcon.
- Kenji Uedo
- Uncanny X-Men #201
- New Mutants #35
- Avengers #263
- Fantastic Four #286
- Classic X-Men #8
- The post-Trial of Magneto status quo
- Nathan Christopher Charles Summers
- A small cross-section of Cyclops’s myriad issues
- The wrong means to the right end
- Magneto’s educational philosophy
- The politics of creative credits
- “You Know Who”
- The Phoenix retcon
- Several unrelated break-ins
- The return of Jean Grey
- Jean and the Phoenix Force
- Alternate-timeline Madelynes Pryor
- Jean Grey’s code names
NEXT WEEK: X-Factor begins! (for real, this time – sorry about that SNAFU!)
You can find a companion index to the material mentioned in this episode on our blog!
Rachel and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!