In which Jay is deeply invested in The Gifted; Trevor Fitzroy is generally inexcusable; there are a lot of reasons to be uncomfortable in the Hellfire Club; the mix just got altered in this little clambake; Jean Grey (kind of) dies (again); Earth-1191 gives the Age of Apocalypse some glam competition; Lucas Bishop is a pretty decent metaphor for fan culture; everyone is probably Kang the Conqueror; and now Miles really has no excuse for not watching The Prisoner.
- The Chronomancer and his Chronobots
- The Gifted
- Lucas Bishop’s creative origins
- Trevor Fitzroy
- Goatee Theory
- X-Factor #67
- Uncanny X-Men #281-283
- Dapper Lesbian Shinobi Shaw
- A briefly useful mnemonic
- Cybernetic fuckboys
- The return of Warren Kenneth Worthington III’s hair
- Beef and Bevatron
- The deaths of the Hellions
- Some of the challenges of X-Plaining the ’90s
- Bringing a knife to a Sentinel fight
- A bunch of bad guys from the future
- The Gamemaster
- X-Men we’d like to see come out as trans (revisited)
- Whether either or both of us are Kang the Conquerer
NEXT EPISODE: Pouches and Guns
Check out the visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!