In which the X-Tinction Agenda begins in earnest; Jim Lee rocks our world; Cable doesn’t need any Mickey-Mouse schedules; Jean Grey is not paid by the word; Havok makes a heel turn; Boom Boom’s pretext of self-interest fools no one; Cameron Hodge is STILL the worst; and Jay and Miles make an announcement.
- Warlock across the multiverse
- Uncanny X-Men #270, New Mutants #95, X-Factor #60
- X-Tinction Agenda
- The first modern crossover
- The creative state of the X-line
- Limitations of Marvel Unlimited
- Dramatis Personae
- Mickey-Mouse schedules
- The X-Men, who do not die the old-fashioned way
- One-way nude teleportation
- Magistrate Summers
- The return of Cameron Hodge’s angry severed head
- Wipeout (again)
- The death of Warlock
- The esoteric paraphernalia of war
- Silver Age misogyny
- What we’d do differently if we introduced the X-Men in 2017
- Our upcoming hiatus
NEXT EPISODE: It gets worse.
You can find the visual companion to this episode on our blog.
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!